1. Transforming the Tasmanian Government through ICT
- invest in building spatial information foundations;
- establish an integrated approach and common infrastructure to support customer contact across government;
- establish a single view of patient health information, support the delivery of health care services and interactions with external service providers, and the adoption of eHealth services;
- link the school systems through a collaborative data centre (hosting a diverse range of shared educational resources); and
- establish and securely share a view of critical shared information on criminal and related community safety services.
2. Building the capacity of the Tasmanian Government through ICT
- implement a common approach to data centres/storage;
- develop an integrated government identity management platform;
- implement a common approach to the provision of integrated voice services;
- implement a common approach to email;
- implement common business processes and shared ICT services (for HR, finance, information management and web/communications);
- develop an integrated emergency despatch service;
- develop an integrated government radio network; and
- strategically manage the Government’s information assets over their lifecycle.
3. Improving the way the Tasmanian Government manages ICT
- re-design agency ICT functions (in response to the ICT Strategy);
- develop consistent agency ICT Strategic Plans;
- develop consistent agency ICT Strategic Asset Management Plans;
- develop a Tasmanian Government ICT Architecture;
- implement ongoing benchmarking of ICT costs and services; and
- develop an ICT Roadmap (for common ICT services).